Tyrolean Gun

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, does any one have any experience of using a Tyrolean gun. I have never used one but would like some advice on mixing, if any different mixes are available and the technique of application. I have a newly build garage I would like to apply this coating to but I understand it does require experience.
Anyone help? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Slightly wetter mix tan normal render. When applying stand about 2 feet back and apply while walking holding the gun at 45 degrees.

Makes a serious mess of your windows if you do not cover them up before you start.Is also very heavy on the arm,and also remember to stir your mix regularly or it will settle in the bucket.You can buy different colours,(Cullamix). Just add water to make a POURABLE consistency, and out of curiosity,has the garage been cement rendered? Good luck with your job.

Sponsored Links
The garage is just new bare brick at the moment, I was wondering whether a trowelled render would be required as an "undercoat" for the Tyrolean finnish. Would this be advisable? and thanks lads for your help.

Hi Karoo,
I think there is so much more you should know about the work you are planning to do to the outside of your new garage.Good luck to you if you are going to try it yourself, but you would be much better off having a chat with a local builder face to face,who would be able to advise you.This is quite a task you are taking on without previous experience.You will probably do ok,but a helping hand along the way and some useful tips are always welcome.

Regards:Roughcaster

Yes, I just may well do that Roughcaster rather than make a hash of it and see where it goes from there.

Thanks again everyone

Karoo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back