UFH porcelain tiles arrghhhhh!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right

I have installed ufh heating pipes on 50mm celotex insulation in 65mm screed with view to putting stone slabs on top

Now going to use porcelian tiles and adhesive at 12m depth.

I have to make up 70 mm to finished floor level

Do I lay further insulation, more ufh pipes and screed, then tile on top ?

I believe I need approx 65 - 70 mm to do this plus the depth of tiles and adhesive. ( 95mm possibly)

Or do I lay some other substrate to existing screed level and lay tiles on top - then set the ufh to fire up at 2am for a warm floor at 7am?

Help!!!

Sponsored Links
First you must understand how UF works, it needs to be run at a low temperature 35c ish for most of the winter the same as a night storage heater it is not meant to be turned on and off with a clock.

As for the cover, provided the insulation is good and includes the edging strips for outside walls, then the thickness is not really that important.

Points to remember, the thicker the cover the longer it will take for the wall to get up to design temperature. What you must avoid is air gaps when laying the finish floor. e.g. tiles.

Up too 100mm plus the marble I wouldn't worry about

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back