Undercoat plaster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am getting my lounge skimmed over by a plasterer in a weeks time, so I have been prepping the walls etc before he arrives.

Anyway I pulled the skirting boards off ( I want to change them anyway), but unfortunately a lot of plaster and stuff came with them!

I bought a bag of thistle undercoat plaster and mixed it as required and though I did quite a good job of applying it to the damaged areas.

Unfortunately this morning though I have noticed that a majority of it is cracked and pulling away from the wall in places. :cry:

any ideas why this is?? I sprayed the wall with a little water before applying the plaster, but I did not coat with any sort of bonding agent.

Also where there are cracks but the plaster seems solid, will this be good enough for the top skim or will it all have to come off??

Hope not as he is coming in a week and I am away for the next four days! :eek:

Beatts

Sponsored Links
If hes a half decent plasterer it will be fine. Just tap where the hair line cracks are to make sure its solid and not hollow. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back