Undersink Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking to install electric undersink heaters (Ariston) to supply hot water to my apt. and am have a bit of trouble working out how to go about it!

I have a mains supply coming in which supplies only the kitchen cold tap and dishwasher. There is also a supply that comes from a tank upstairs which goes to the shower, bath cold tap and the toilet cistern.

I want to connect the undersink heater in the kitchen, to the mains, and use it for hot water to the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and bath. Is this possible to do using one heater (and if so what size/power rating) or do I need to use a second heater for the bath?? If so would I connect this heater to the mains or to the supply from the tank??

hope you can help!

Sponsored Links
from what you have mentioned (bath, basin, sink) the heater you want is called an immersion heater, but it wont fit under your sink.

our boys will want more info, have you no other hot water supply or ch?

There is no central heating or hot water supply, just the incoming mains and the supply from the attick tank! There is no space to fit an emersion heater....

Sponsored Links
for sink / basin ok, but poster wnats to fill a bath, will that cope?

You can't really use Vented you need UNvented under a sink for several outlets, but they only go to 15 litres before the rules change. Even the small ones are not trivial to fit.

You either need a combi boiler, gas water heater(either of which heat the water as you draw it) or a store of hot water something like 18 inches diameter by 36 high for a bath.

Are you in a "maisonette" type arrangement, where the attic belongs to you?

If this is the case, then you can fit a hot water storage tank up there. For this kind of installation, you can't just use a standard copper cylinder plus immersion heater. I believe there are special tanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back