Unused Boiler

cdh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a combi boiler that hasn't been used for 3 years. It is a Vaillant turbomax VUW 242 and has been stored in the house for 3 years but not connected. The boiler is probably about 12 years old.

If professionally installed, would it still be OK to use after being left unused for this amount of time.

Also, as the boiler hasn't been connected, the radiators haven't been used either - should these be OK or is there a possibility that they could have corroded.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If professionally installed and and issues dealt with then thats OK. The rads are probably OK but unless pressure tested would carry a very small risk.

But to install somewhere would not comply with the building regs and would need a condensing boiler.

I would charge £840 to install the old boiler.

Also £840 to install a supplied new boiler.

I dont see how installing a 12 y.o. boiler which does not comply with Building Regs can be a good idea!

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm sure that Tony used to charge only £750 so his prices have gone up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back