Unvented Cylinder and Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of having new central heating and have opted (noticed that) to install an Ariston unvented cylinder (Sti 210?).

I've noticed that the boiler being installed is a Worcester Greenstar 30Cdi.

I've quickly read that this boiler is a condensing combi boiler. Is this correct?

I was under the impression that having the unvented cylinder meant that I wouldn't have a combi boiler.

Can anyone advise or explain? I've had a couple of issues with the builder and would like to ensure that this system is correct etc.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The Worcester Greenstar 30CDi is an open vented or if you fit a sealed system kit an system boiler. It is not a combi.

Unfortunately manufacturers label their boiler confusingley for the end user these days.

The combi is the Greenstar 30CDi combi ;)

There used to be an older combi that was just called a 30CDi.

They have probably chosen this for its output as the Greenstar isyatem only goes up to 24Kw.

Sponsored Links
One last thing...

Does the above setup need to have a wall mounted thermostat? I hope not because there doesn't seem to be one installed at the moment, and all walls etc. have been plastered!

Thanks in advance

Do you know if this setup will need a thermostat - I know I didn't need one when I installed a combi in my previous house?

and how much are these RF thermostats?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back