Upgrading central heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning on replacing my current boiler / hot water cylinder with a condensing combi boiler.

The current system is linked using microbore piping.

Would microbore piping cope with a new combi boiler? Or would I be better of having the whole system replaced with 15mm pipe???

I have heard that combi's put greater pressure on the system which may cause microbore to leak.

Any advice is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Interesting.

Not heard of that before. Would also be interested in the answer as my new combi is in 10mm

if you can afford the expense you would be much better of with proper piepwork. microbore is the stuff for the unskilled and lazy. i hate it. its easily blocked and not so easily cleared.... but fitted very quickly hence its use in new buiild developements by crappy site plumbers who'll never commision the system properlly as they'll never have to worry about it.

and breathe :evil:

My combi is on 8mm, i changed the old manifolds though and a proper powerflush and rad valves and changed any dodgy looking fittings (like the pipes capped with blobs of solder).

been running like a dream for 2.5yrs..touch wood :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back