Upgrading power supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a small unit. It has a 3 phase supply at 100 amps.
I need 300 amps to run the machinery I am getting installed.
My question is, has anyone any idea of the cost involved in getting the supplier to upgrade to this. It would definately mean thicker incoming cable. The nearest sub station is about 400 yards from our premises.
TIA.

Sponsored Links
It's impossible to even guess on here.But it is dependant on a number of factors, including the substation capacity.For a price/availability you will have to contact your DNO.Be prepared to part with many thousands of pounds !

Had many questions like this when we fit new customer substations. as ricicle has said there are a few factors, mainly though its network capacity, you could actually be next door to the sub, but if there is no extra capacity on your network be prepared to pay through the nose, I know in my DNO they love to make people buy a substation to improve network capacity. so that they can utilise it at a later date. you will also need a KVA figure rather than a AMPS figure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back