UPVC Door - Sometimes unable to open

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a new UPVC front door fitted in October but recently it is becoming very hard to open, the handle just doesnt move down to unlock the door, any ideas on this. Is it just the cold weather, shall I grease the bolts / joints ??

It takes about 4 goes at it to open it, I am just panicing because if I need to get out of the house in a hurry I may not be able to get the door open.

Sponsored Links
chezzer0361 said:
had a new UPVC front door fitted in October but recently it is becoming very hard to open, the handle just doesnt move down to unlock the door, any ideas on this.
Get the fitters back in as it should be under the warranty, it just may only need Toe & Heeling method

Most doors tend to drop, especially in warm weather, there are auto packers that can be ajusted with out the need for toe and heeling, just an allen key, I dont want to get modded for spam so cant put any details up, free advise if you send me an email?

yes please, that would be excellent, as it seems to be getting worse, couldnt get out yesterday morning, after about 10 mins finally managed to push the handle down very hard and the catches released and the door opened.

Sorry new to this, how do I find your email address ????

Sponsored Links
chezzer0361 said:
Sorry new to this, how do I find your email address ????
You would have to look at his profile - but let me save you the bother because he's not got his e-mail address on his profile.
Incidently, there's nothing to stop him posting the advice on here - be wary of people asking you to contact them via e-mail.

Well I'm with hotmail.co.uk, the rest you should be able to guess ;)

I have a large quantity of these packers that I sell on, £3.00 each or £5.00 the pair + postage, there done it now. They do have to be fitted tho, so glass/panel needs removing to get the things in.

<sits back and awaits to be modded by admin> :rolleyes:

Thanks, I might take you up on that, I was so mad the other morning as I couldnt get out, when I eventually did I slammed the door and since then it is a lot better, not cured but better.

me cheeky, dont know what you mean...................... :LOL:

You know I always appreciate your advice................ looked at your profile and yes I agree............................ :LOL: :cool: :rolleyes: ;)

I will try and help but I dont know anything thats why I am on here..............lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back