UPVC Front Door Multi-point Lock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Brother-in-law has a UPVc front door with a dodgy multi-point locking mechanism. The only markings on the fitting is "hd", does anyone know who makes/supplies these fittings.

Its a long shot I know, but thought someone may have the info.

Thanks Salem. :(

Sponsored Links
Not sure if this company can help you, my sister has a similar problem and their product multi-point locking mechanism did fitted the upvc door okay ! Give them a ring and they may help you or tell you where to get one from.
www.mila.co.uk Click onto "Select Lock Type"

Sponsored Links
May be slightly off-topic but has anyone managed to get an intelligent response from an insurance company when you declare multi-point rather than the conventional mortice deadlock while trying to set up a new house & buildings or contents policy over the phone?

I got the distinct impression that the company would only honour their policy if the 'last exit' door was fitted with conventional mortice deadlock whereas I've yet to encounter a uPVC double-glazed door that will accept one. I'm quite convinced that the young lady who handled my phone call had never actually clapped eyes on either.

Could it be that there are lots of folks out there paying their premiums on a property with multi-point locking uPVC double-glazed doors who are actually not insured because neither party to the phone call setting up the policy really knew either what the question meant or the implications of letting 'mortice deadlock' get entered in the questionnaire by default.

Thanks masona,

Managed to find a suitable replacement without much hastle. Thanks for your help.

Salem.

BruisedThumb said:
May be slightly off-topic but has anyone managed to get an intelligent response from an insurance company when you declare multi-point rather than the conventional mortice deadlock while trying to set up a new house & buildings or contents policy over the phone?
I'm not sure about the multi-point but I do know about the mortice lock which is a very small print on the insurance policy. The mortice lock must have a 5 lever with a BS kitemark and you can buy many mortice lock without the BS kitemark, the difference is the one with the BS kitemark have a anti-drill plate on the side cover so it cannot be drilled out on the front of the door, I wonder how many people know that and make you think if the insurance use it as a get out clause !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back