UPVC Guttering question

AL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, i need to get all my guttering / facias/ soffits and down pipes replaced. UPVC stuff seems to be the norm, it looks nice, plus my neighbour has it, so it'll be nice if it all matches. My question is, when replacing the downpipe which is currently a round cast iron jobbie with square plastic stuff, how is this done? Do you simply saw the old one off slightly above ground level and fit some kind of adapter? just curious really.

TIA

AL

Sponsored Links
They are many type of adapter for what you need.Sounds like to me your downpipe goes straight into the ground if so maybe you can fit a small hopper on the bottom with a ball wire mesh type inside the hopper to stop any leaves etc blocking the pipe below ground level,then downpipe to the hopper.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks

Sponsored Links
masona said:
you can fit a small hopper on the bottom with a ball wire mesh type inside the hopper to stop any leaves etc blocking the pipe below ground level.

This is also useful if you don't want to go up on the ladder to the gutter level clearing the leaves,let it come down to your hopper at the bottom for you collect.Anything for a easy life ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back