Urgent bathroom/shower help - any plumbers around ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

I am having a new bathroom fitted in a few weeks time, but have to order all my bits in the next day or two, so they arrive before the plumber gets here.

I am really confused as to what shower enclosure I need to buy. I know that I need an 800mm quadrant, but am really stuck about the tray :(

This is how I understand it, so please excuse my poor knowledge/mistakes! We have concrete floors in the block, which means that the waste pipe and its relevant angle have to all be above ground as it were.

Thus the shower tray is elevated somewhat. However, all of the shower trays that I have seen are low profile ones, which seem to sit at most 10-15cm off the floor.

I cant seem to find any shower trays that are designed like the ones in the pics below of my existing setup. Basically I need a shower tray with the feet for elevation etc, and also a sort of trim to curve round the exposed edge ?

DSC00374.JPG

DSC00373.JPG

Anyone have any ideas? Can I elevate a normal shower tray ? Where can i buy the trim from ?

Thanks in advance

Mehul

Sponsored Links
try the mira flight, they come with or without feet

plumb center or builder center

Sponsored Links
My advice is to steer clear of Coram trays...they flex under weight and will cause leaks...i'm not the only person to experience this.

Showerlux do a range on legs and are pretty solid....not sure about quadrant but looks for a stockist at http://www.showerlux.uk.com/. They will run into £200+ mind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back