URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help me!

I was just using the microwave and it started to go funny! and then just stopped woring. Then I noticed that the fridge had gone off too. Infact all the plugged in applianced in the kitchen now will not work. I have checked the fuse box and there is no wires broken in there! So what can it b, its only the plugs in the Kitchen. PLEASE HELPME!

Sponsored Links
Have you got old style rewireable fuses (bit of wire in the middle which you replace yourself) or circuit breakers (trip switches)?

I have got the old style ones. The ones that are large 2 pin plugs with wire, but none of the wire is broken! There are also 2 strange 2 pin plugs that have a switch on the front some kind of circuit breaker I think!!

Have you tried unplugging the microwave? Are you SURE the fuse wire is not broken? Not trying to undermine you, I'm just not sure if you're looking in the right place.

Are the rest of the circuits in the house OK?

Sponsored Links
Unplug everything..Check the fuse wire, it could have blown under the ceramic, YOU CANT SEE THAT BIT.
If you are happy fuse is ok, plug an appliance in & try it, do this to all until you find your problem one. Microwaves do have internal fuses & also the fuse in the plug top may have blown. Get appliance checked out.

Went back under the stairs to look at the fuse wire and I push the buttons on the ones that had trip switches. Hey presto it all came back on!! Cheers Lads

Make yourself some labels for the fuses and MCBs. You need to know what each controls. One way is to use white PVC tape in a strip above them, and write the circuit name in permanent fibretip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back