Urgent help needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,
im trying to wire up a switch for a friend its for an outside pond pump, basically its a double switch but is layed out differntly than i have seen b4!

switch.jpg

here is a pic of the set up.
could someone please help me on what i wire where ie live in, where the brown and blue wires from the pump go to etc. thank you very much, btw top site i have learnt a lot from your knowledge.
Jay[/url]

Sponsored Links
That picture does not make sense, can you post a photo of the terminals might be easier for someone to help you.

yeah i can tomorow, but that is exactually what it looks like, its a legrand switch if that makes ne more sense.
regards
Jay

Sponsored Links
Basically it's a DPDT switch which means it is double pole and double throw, what you do is connect Live supply to L of the switch side marked 1and 2 and neutral supply to L of the switch side marked
3 and 4 you then connect the Live load going to the pump to1 and the neutral going to the pump to 3.

If you find that the switch is marked ON and OFF(or I and 0) and the pump operates when the switch is in the OFF position then connect the pump lead to 2 and 4 instead making sure that the live is on the live side 2 and the neutral on 4 ( the drawing suggests that 1 and 3 are the NO(normally open) contacts and therefore it should work first time by connecting to 1 and 3.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back