urgent help required on apollo 30/50b

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have an apollo 30/50b, early this week it tripped my house i changed the heating pump as i worked out this was the problem with it tripping but now i have changed it the pilot light is on and the pump runs when the timer is on but the main gas chamber does not ignite and i have not heating and with 2 kids its getting a bit chilly in the morning, i have a british gas man coming out on the 1st November to price a new boiler but i want to get round it for now

please can anybody help and point me in the right direction.

Matkalg

Sponsored Links
Did you relight the pilot light?. I think this is oe of the ones with the square button to light the pilot, if so they tend to get caught on the gas valve case and not spring back out fully when the pilot is lit....try and waggle it out a bit and it should be ok.

the button is a round type and it is fully out with a lit pilot light but the main gas chamber dont start up

Sponsored Links
Sorry its the thorn apollo isn't it, not the myson.ok check the boiler fuse spur.

sorry bit thickish where do i locate the valve input or output without removing valve casing

check the fuse to the boiler, it probably blew that aswell, also make sure the boiler thermostat is turned up.

Right i found the supply to the valve and there is a 24v going to the terminals in the valve when turned on, If it sounds like the valve gone then this will cost £80 wont it.

Is it the same on the hi and lo stat settings? and also constant or timed?, it may also be that your pump overrun is on constantly....check the switches first and tell us what you get.

Hi

Working on it today, Is there any reset buttons anywhere as this mains gas is not getting into the chamber and there is no 240V going into the valve. It seems to be where the wiring section is, all of the live wires are 240 but when we get to the hi & lo thermostat switch things start changing to + & - on my voltage reader :mad: also is there a wiring diag for the apollo 30 / 50b anywhere so i can check to see if anything is amiss

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back