USB HUB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i bought a 4 port usb hub from my local computer shop, reason being so that i could quickly put my camera and voice recorder in quickly without running round the back of my machine, for this to be convenient, i also bought a usb extension, i thought i was being clever, hub works when directly plugged into computer. but with the extension, computer freezes on the internet, even with nothing in the hub. so unplug the hub from extension, internet works, plug it in internet freezes, so what i want to know , is whats happening and how do i get over it. :confused:

Sponsored Links
yes it is igorian, it plugs into the mains, doesnt come with any instructions, just a nicely coloured box, and a picture, i assume i have to plug the hub in and connect the extension to the usb connector on the hub, seems logical... am i right.

Hi,

What do you use to connect to the Internet. Do you have a USB ADSL modem, or a router connected through your network port. If you have a USB modem is it connected to the hub? Try connecting it directly to the PC rather than through the hub.

The extension cable you have. Is it USB2.0 or 1.0 compatible. If you only have a 1.0 cable this will obviously cause issues.

Hope this helps.

Adam.

Sponsored Links
thanks adam, cable has writing on it, but doesnt say wether its usb 1 or 2, does have 1/1 if that means anything, will take it back to shop and ask him, yes i am with sky and have a router with ethernet cable.

a22gj.jpg

Very handy bit of kit if you have a spare CD bay. ;)
A22GJ at Maplin.co.uk

Back