Using a pumpto increase hot water pressure…

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm one of the many people on this forum who have been sold a Franke tap without being informed about it needing to run from the mains rather than my gravity system. I've looked through all the relevant posts and some peoplehave mentioned adding a pump system.My question is – is this a tricky bob? Does it work and roughly how much do parts and labour cost? I know the quick fix is to say get a new tap but I just want to know if the pump solution willwork and how much?

Should read the forum rules too, please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Grundfos and Wilo do small pumps for this sort of thing. Cost about £80, if access is easy maybe a couple of hours to fit, say +£100.

cheers for the quick reply chisr :)

When you say access, where does the pump actually go? There is very easy access to the loft where the water tanks are. Also, which pump would you recommend becasue I've heard some of them don't last too long – I presume the Grundfos and Wilo ones are good makes?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back