Using Sentinel X200 - Help Needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Season's Greetings,

It's my first post here, and I need a bit of advice. My Potterton Performa 24 (recently serviced, and only a few years old) now often makes a loud whistling/screeching noise - usually happens when the heating is on and then a tap (normally hot) is turned on, and the heating has to be turned off for a bit to stop it. I read a similar post a week or so back, and people advised giving Sentinel X200 a go.
I found some no problem, but I need help on how to get the stuff into the boiler; the bottle is not much use to me as it recommends using their tool which I couldn't see in the shop. I asked about it and the guy in the shop recommended one of those funnels with the hose attached. Thing is, knowing very little about boilers I'm still not sure how to go about it. I have used the filling loop several times in the past to re-pressurise the boiler, but how exactly do you get the X200 in via the loop/loop inlets? And what's the best tool to use?
Thanks in advance for any advice/help...

Dazza.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply - I did look for the cartridge version, but the shop (B&Q) didn't have it. I'll look elsewhere.
Is it pretty obvious how it all connects to the boiler using the filling loop?

The screeching noise is a faulty diverter valve on the boiler common fault.

Search the database has been covered before

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that - I did a search on the main page and also the forums... does anyone have any particular links (either to threads on here, or elsewhere online)? Will this be difficult/expensive to sort?
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back