Vaillant 824 hot water temperature!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Tenants in flat with cold from roof tank so they cannot mix cold with hot to reduce shower temperature.

The boiler DHW at the lowest setting is still about 43°C at the bath ( 54°C on display ) which is too hot for many people.

I assume this is the correct boiler operation with the NTC at about 1.05 K.

Has anyone ever reduced the value of the NTC by paralleling a fixed resistor of about 1.2K perhaps?

Or any other suggestions?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Does it not drop to minimum B.pressure @ 1kohm?

I've had some problems with Vaillants producing too hot water when the incoming mains is not cold enough :eek: Sorts its self out in winter

Sounds like a dodgy install if cold is from tank and not mains. Would it not be a simple solution to connect cold to cold mains instead so they can mix the temp down?

Agile said:
Tenants in flat with cold from roof tank so they cannot mix cold with hot to reduce shower temperature.

The boiler DHW at the lowest setting is still about 43°C at the bath ( 54°C on display ) which is too hot for many people.

I assume this is the correct boiler operation with the NTC at about 1.05 K.

Has anyone ever reduced the value of the NTC by paralleling a fixed resistor of about 1.2K perhaps?

Or any other suggestions?

Tony

Don`t think you are allowed to alter the value of the NTC mate, they are set by the MIs for a reason, a diy site is not the place to be asking the question, talk to MIs. If it is possible the boiler installation instructions will tell you how & if it`s possible. Personally, I think you are talking a load of bo**llox. ;)

Sponsored Links
rob884 said:
Does it not drop to minimum B.pressure @ 1kohm?

It has only dropped about 30% or so.

Does anyone have any idea on the real spec for minimum outlet DHW temperature?

These real operating paramaters are usually not quoted by manufacturers but noted by serious engineers working on them regularly.

If I have to reduce the outlet temperature then I will have to reduce it using the control mechanism via the temperature sensor.

Tony

PS I have emailed Vaillant but I have this vision that I know a lot more about boilers than anyone in their technical department.

I also wonder if, when they see my name, they will be so frightened to reply that they will take it to their MD for advice!

Why do vaillant want to know if I am a male or female before answering me???

[quote="Agile

Normally the makers of the boiler have an idea.

These real operating paramaters are usually not quoted by manufacturers but noted by serious engineers working on them regularly.

They are...always, it`s `cos they make them you see.

If I have to reduce the outlet temperature then I will have to reduce it using the control mechanism via the temperature sensor.

Hmmm... the control mechanism via the temperature sensor.. can anyone smell that :?: yes, it`s definitely Bullsh*it.

I have this vision that I know a lot more about boilers than anyone in their technical department.

Pity no one else including Vaillant shares your delusion.

I also wonder if, when they see my name, they will be so frightened to reply that they will take it to their MD for advice!

They probably will have to seek advice from their MD. Usually to stop them from having uncontinued attacks of hysterical laughter....especially when they see your name.

Because they were too polite to ask you if you were an as*shole.

Bambergaspipe said:
I have this vision that I know a lot more about boilers than anyone in their technical department.

They probably will have to seek advice from their MD. Usually to stop them from having uncontinued attacks of hysterical laughter....especially when they see your name.

Priceless

Tell you what Agile make the most of it because when Gordon Brown gets the re clasification in you will be right in the sh#te with that stuff your smoking.

Bambergaspipe said:
[quote="Agile

Normally the makers of the boiler have an idea.

They are...always, it`s `cos they make them you see.

Hmmm... the control mechanism via the temperature sensor.. can anyone smell that :?: yes, it`s definitely Bullsh*it.

As corgiman always says; LMAO

24hrs on and I have not had any reply from Vaillant yet!

Thats not very encouraging!

We maintain and repair their boilers and those who need assistance expect a prompt reply to any request for tech help!

Although I dont need it its always interesting to see what they suggest! However the Landlord has been chasing me today so i have got to sort it out shortly.

Tony

So if you don`t need there help why have you wasted your time seeking it and telling us

Tony if you had a 49 number they would be able to attend your needs more efficiently ;)

You have to do this via your local sales manager, who will oblige if you are a good and cost effective customer ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back