Vaillant diverter valve diaphragm (fitting)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Vaillant 282 was heating water but the central heating was not working.

I tracked the fault to the diverter valve and opened it for inspection. Unfortunately, after hours of trying I couldn't get the diaphragm back in and punctured it trying.

Assuming I can get another one, Is there a special way of fitting it? Tips?

thanks

Sponsored Links
No tips really. Which 282? See repies on Plumbing Pages forum.

not entirely sure - handbook says VCW GB 242EH/282EH/242EB/282EB; nothing obvious that I can see on the boiler itself.

I'm starting to think that the diaphragm is hugely deformed and that's why I couldn't get it back in the same way it came out.

If the diaphram is punctured you now have no choice but to get a new one. As for fitting it find some manufacturers instructions or get a professional. It must be fitted perfectly other wise it won't work. ;)

Sponsored Links
last time i got a dia for a vailant it came with a set of instructions but that was 3 years ago.
TO Chris cant resist asking how come the international sites, are you connected to BAS at present ? just curious

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back