1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Vaillant Ecomax - good choice?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by motco, 2 Nov 2006.

1. motco

motco

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'm intending to replace my aged Potterton C40/12 with a Vaillant Ecomax Pro18E soon. Is this a choice any of you would endorse? :?: :)

2. Sponsored Links
  3. motco

motco

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Bumped because I inadvertantly broke a forum rule and my posting didn't make sense when separated from the thread it was in. :oops: :LOL:

4. ChrisRoberts

ChrisRoberts

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No it's not. It's out of date. Go for the newer Echotec plus. Nicer to look at more functions. Also connect a VR360. Prog room stat.

5. simond

simond

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The ecoTEC when used with a VRT 360 will need the VR65 wiring centre too, better put that on the shopping list. NB: The new VRT360f wireless has just been launched...

Vaillant tell me this has BIDIRECTIONAL radio on it - this would be a first for a boiler, has anyone fitted one yet?

6. motco

motco

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks Chris, I hadn't looked at the Vaillant site for a week or so and it has changed in that time. Does this mean that the Glow Worm equivalent to the EcoMax has been superceded too - the HXI ?

7. simond

simond

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The HXi is only an equivalent is so far it is addressing the same market.

Vaillant and Glowworm products continue to be different, although the latter has been owned by Vaillant for a few years.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links