Vaillant terrible service: any opinion?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Almost a month ago I've booked the combo boiler service directly with Vaillant company. Without any problem in a very polite manner I've been promised that on day of the service the engineer will call me in the morning to inform me about an exact hour of service. I took day off from the work, waiting for this important visit.
On that day, between 10 and 11 am, Kate Sutton(customer service supervisor) called me to inform that engineer is not coming at all!
In addition, she said that engineer is too busy with other customers (sounds like a lot of problems with Vaillant boilers ...) and cannot be booked at all till the end of this year!!! After asking for a manager, she confirmed that she is the only manager that I can speak with!? On my request to get another appointment booked she suggested to look at Yellow Pages without recommending anyone, who is actually trained to work with Vaillant boilers.

Now, I am thinking to fill in a complain against this service. Did anyone had already experience in such situation?
Is it a good idea to send a complain letter to the Vaillant headoffice or just contact some customer protection organisation?
Whom I should invite for the boiler service? Does he needs a special skill for Vaillant boiler or just the GORCI reg.?
Any recommendation will be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Vaillant are excellent boilers, however I fear you have fallen foul of the beginning of the cold weather. People have been switching on their heating now the Autumn is here and the glut of call outs has begun. (Just look at the increase in postings on this site).
Like many companies they have a limited number of their own 'branded staff' and rely on contracting independants to make up the numbers when required. Its sad that they have let you down but I doubt there is anything you can do. There are many independants (and yes they must be corgi registered) who specialize in service and breakdown, many of whom will have done a familiarisation course at Vaillant.

I must hgive my tuppence worth here

Vaillant used to be bril at after sales before they were brought out by hepworth (gloworm) But now they are really poor.

its was the same with potterton so hopefully they will get their act together

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your responses.
It seems to me that it worth to write a letter about poor service at least to the Vaillant headoffice. Someone should do that.
To Blahblah: I do understand that now is busy period for Vaillant but I should be told about that on my first call or at least sometime before the day of service.

I will look for a local plumber in Berkshire. Any recommendations?

Doesn't always work like that though, for any decent company breakdowns will always take priority over services and although I have no doubt that the engineer had you booked in as a call he was probably stuck on a breakdown call longer than was anticipated. Vailiant don't have a large enough workforce in one area as say BG and it is difficult to cover that scenario with extra enginneers. So yes, a pain but at least you got a phone call as soon as they realised you were going to be let down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back