1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

vaillant turbo max boiler problem !!!

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by pogo, 23 Dec 2006.

This topic originated from the How to page called Problems associated with noises from the central heating system.

1. pogo

pogo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi there,
    I have a vaillant turbo max boiler the rads get hot at the begining of the chain but the ones nearer to the end are cold. The pump can be heard running but I got a pressure build up so I slackened the the cap on the auto air release by hand.Water and air leaked out and the pump started to run better (Sound wise).The boiler then cuts out and will not reignite until after quite a while then only runs for a short while and temperature starts to rise. Can anyone give me any advice.

Thanks

2. ChrisR

ChrisR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Is this the one with a black inner panel?

The cap on the automatic air vent should be left open.
    If it leaks you have to get it replaced.
    If you close it you must check for air VERY frequently.

Could be several faults but common one is diverter valve. To test, with everything cold, run a hot tap and see if heating flow pipe from boiler gets hot. If so, DV faulty. Same fault leads to poor CH which you have.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. pogo

pogo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The automatic air vent is open and it does not appear to be leaking.

I've run the system from cold as instructed, Running the hot tap the heating flow pipe gets only slightly warm

5. pogo

pogo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Another thing I have noticed is the heating system flow pipe on central heating gets hot but the return pipe down to the pump seems cold is this normal ???

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links