VAILLANT TURBO MAX NO HOT WATER HELP !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,
I Own A Vaillant Turbomax boiler it is either a vuw 242/1e or a vuw 282/1e. the ignition indicator keeps flashing and I cannot get any hot water but the rads work fine. To Do This I have to turn the boiler off and back On Again. Any help/ Advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Exact sequence please.
CH on and running, then you turn a tap on. Watch boiler carefully, what do you hear/see.

Then repeat with ch off and boiler cold, what then?

Hi There,If I Turn The Power On The boiler On And Do Nothing After A Little While The Ignition Indicator Flashes Up.

When I start The Central Heating Up Then Run The Tap The Boiler Fires Up And Is Fairly noisy You Can Hear Water And Clunking Noises. Water Is Barely Warm. The Boiler Goes On And Off.

Without Central Heating On Running The Water The Boiler Is Quite noisy Again And You Can Hear Water And Clunking Again. And The Boiler will Go On And Off.

I Hope This Is Clear Enough

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if the auto air vent may not be operating and perhaps the flow switch is not operating reliably and there may be an ignition/gas problem and perhaps a blocked secondary heat exchanger.

From your description I am unable to suggest any one problem and indeed I think you have two or more anyway.

I think that you are going to need a competent engineer. Maybe a Vaillant staff engineer?

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back