Valliant Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Valliant combi bolier. Yesterday I fitted new taps in the bathroom (After turning the mains off). Once fitted and the water turned back on I am now not getting any hot water (The heating system is fine). The pressure on the boiler is 1.5 bar.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Kev

Sponsored Links
I cannot find a model number on the boiler itself. The only number visible is on the Danfoss pump VP5ZE. The boiler itself is about 15 years old.

Sponsored Links
This one is before I knew Vaillants. Someone else will probably answer you soon.

The boiler probably has 2 square gauges bottom right (VCW).

Do you get hot water at the other taps?

When you turned the water back on did you leave the hot taps open to clear the air and turn it on slowly? Sometimes the sudden surge in water can finish off a worn diaphragm. You could remove the lower front fascia panel and check the pin moves on the water section as the hot tap is opened.

Gasguru said:
The boiler probably has 2 square gauges bottom right (VCW).

Do you get hot water at the other taps?

When you turned the water back on did you leave the hot taps open to clear the air and turn it on slowly? Sometimes the sudden surge in water can finish off a worn diaphragm. You could remove the lower front fascia panel and check the pin moves on the water section as the hot tap is opened.

Gasguru Thanks for your help. You were right the diaphragm has gone. Replaced this morning evrything now ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back