valve snapped inside radiator bleeding key

17 Apr 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I bought a key to bleed the radiator and the part you turn on the radiator has snapped inside the key i don't know what to do now
Sponsored Links
Sheared piece needs to be drilled out with a small drill bit and the thread recut, then source a replacement bleed valve and key. Or new rad and?
Replace the bleed nipple, close rad at both issolation valves, drain off about a med pan of water. Now remove the offending bleed nipple and take to local plumbers merchants, fit replacement and open valves equal number of turns, now bleed rad. Check pressure if sealed system, and dont paint em any more :LOL: ;)
Sponsored Links
It all depends on the type!

Some like Barlo are directly tapped into the body of the rad. Real pain!

Others are fitted in a 1/2" plug which is easily replaceable.

Does anyone remember the actual thread used?


DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local