Vectra 'R' Plate....electrical prob???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction ...

I have a 1.8 'R' reg Vaux Vectra. Recently had the cam belt changed after that popped.....so thats a big chunk of cash gone !!

Now I have a new problem unrelated to me being too lazy to get the cam belt done till its too late :oops:

The car starts fine, drives fine, but usually within 15 to 20 mins of my journey, the orange / yellow engine management lights kicks in, the car coughs splutters and then when I stop at a lights, junctions etc etc it stalls. It then needs some serious wind on the ignition to get it started again (mangement light is still on). Usually within about 30 mins of having the engine switched off it will start again fine 1st time (light off), and then it happens all over again

Sorry the info is so vague, but any ideas whats wrong?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Vauxhalls are horrible for electrical problems.
You really need to get the fault codes read to know where even to start. Could be something like the lambda sensor or idle control valve.

yeah sounds like o2 sensor (lambada sensor) located in the exhaust, possible you cat has gone, or the car is overfuelling. when was the air filter last changed? also who changed ur cambelt, if the timing is out by a tooth the car could be overfuelling causing unburnt fuel to be passed into the exhaust and therefore your lambada sensor picking this up

Sponsored Links
Cheers Fellas

Thanks for the pointers, really appreciated

I'll let you know how it pans out

Back