Velux window problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I'm putting in a new Velux window at the moment. Today I got the hole cut nicely, offered up the frame - and it didn't fit properly. On close inspection the frame turned out to be slightly warped. I know this is unusual for Velux but that's how it is. The frame hasn't been banged or kept anywhere dodgy. I don't really want to put it in warped or try to twist it back, but time is pressing. Does anyone know if it's possible to "un warp" it or is this a guarantee job?
Thanks for any ideas.
Reg

Sponsored Links
velux are mounted onto the rafters via brackets that are pre-screwed into the window frame, and do not sit inside any frame work. the window sits above the rafters and at the same height as the roof tiles.

are the brackets lifting off their seating positions as a result of the warping? if so it is possible to remove the glazed sash from the frame and maybe fix the frame back to square into its desired position.

if opening and closing of the window is even mildly problematic then take it back.

Thanks for that Noseall. By "frame" I meant the window surround (the bit that's left after you remove the glazed section). Thanks for the idea. I'll try screwing in this frame hard and see what the result is. If no go I'll try and get it replaced, as you say.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back