venting a new soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new toilet in an extension, which will feed into the house sewage system, but not via the existing soil stack. Do I need to vent the new toilet separately, or does the existing stack suffice, although it is some distance away? The new toilet base is fully encased, i.e. the soil pipe is completely hidden within the toilet base. Could I place an air vent in there, as the highest point on that run, assuming sufficient room exists for the soil pipe and water feed, and the air vent on top. If I can’t do that, there is a run of approx 1 metre under the floor before the new soil pipe passes through the wall, can I cut into the top of the pipe and place a vent there, which would be under the floorboards?

Thanks for any assistance

Sponsored Links
if the system is vented already then an a.a.v. will suffice, it will help prevent syphoning.

Sponsored Links
shouldknowbetter said:
OK, thanks. So can I install that within the toilet base, or elsewhere?
WCs soil pipes ( especially in your case)should not need to be vented as they are unlikely to run full. As it won't run full, there is no risk of siphonage. This is my modest opinion, so wait 4 somebody more knowledgeable to contribute to your question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back