Venting an in line fan through the roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i am adding a small en suite to my bedroom and i understand that i need to add a fan. However the only way for this fan to go is straight up through the roof. Is this feasible (has anyone seen this before)

Does any one know of a special tile that will accept the ducting?

Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
hi, thanks for the reply- i presume that these are ok for leaks etc. Can i use one of the for a soil vent pipe as well, would using 2 of the create a problem?

one for the fan

one for the soil pipe?

Thanks

Andy

andymarshal said:
hi, thanks for the reply- i presume that these are ok for leaks etc.

Sorry, don't quite understand your question. Do you mean do they leak, if so haven't had one yet, that al depends upon how well you fit it though.

andymarshal said:
Can i use one of the for a soil vent pipe as well, would using 2 of the create a problem?

If you are using one for each pipe, I can't see a problem, only poistion on the roof. Don't use two pipes through one slate though.

Sponsored Links
I wish to do the same, but am unsure how this will be fitted.

I have a gray slate roof (stone), whould the mentioned flange plate be a replacement for a slate, or would your core drill a 4" hole in the slate and this plate sit underneath the it. IE between the slate & plastic sheet ???

Any help / instructions would be great !!

please note forum rule 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back