Vertical tiles: refixing slipped ones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some decorative vertical tiles on my gable end. Some have slipped down.

The tiles are fixed to a batten with a single nail. Then overlapped up the gable end.

Any way to fix these back in position short of removing layers of tiles above the slipped one? It seems previous owners of the house have tried to wedge the slipped tiles back in place using a roof nail or similar wedged between adjacent tiles. But this isn't entirely successful -- the tiles are held up by friction and the a gust of wind might send them crashing down.

Mike[/img]

Sponsored Links
Is there any way you can sqeeze some no nails adhesve between the joints mike and find some way of keeping them in situ just long enough for the adhesive to hold?

Yes, no nails or silicone may be a possibility.
Otherwise I thought of fashioning some sort of clip from a bit of wire, so the slipped tile holds on to the adjacent tile.

The best fix of course would be to nail the slipped tail back on the batten. But that means removing several tiles above it then relaying them all again.

Mike

No nails is the best and relly grips i have used it around velux's where you cant nail but if there is quite a few gone Mike you may be better doing the lot properly other wise it may cost a fortune in No Nails as aposed to 50p's worth of aluminium nails

Sponsored Links
There are only two slipped tiles...so I don't want to strip the whole lot.
Thanks for your "No Nails" tip.

Mike

Mike - did the no nails work - I have the same issue right now!

darrenh said:
Mike - did the no nails work - I have the same issue right now!

Was a couple of years ago, he may no longer use diynot. He may be dead :eek:

Killed by a falling tile :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back