very hot rads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a glowworm capricorn 240/6 back boiler and when the boiler stat is just off minimum my rads are hot 21c but my water is very hot.when its cold i turn up the stat(a third of the way round) as i have no room stat and the rads get hotter.but the water feels scolding.i am awaiting a zone valve to be fitted to my system but was hoping someone could tell me if it is normal to get so hot and is it dangerous.your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
This is all a bit subjective, but you may well have a faulty boiler thermocouple or boiler thermostat.

Eh? Title says rads are very hot, text says they're 21º. Which is it?

Faulty Thermocouple Softus??????

Sponsored Links
hello again the zone valve is to be fitted so i can control my water temp but like last week when it was very cold i needed to turn up my heating hence the water temp rose and is too hot to touch.i was wondering if this was normal and if not am i doing any harm to the system

The zone valve combined with a cylinder stat and linked to the boiler will solve the problem. In the meantime the excessive temperature of HW will cause some scaling of valves and pipework, and could be dangerous to users (children and elderly especially).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back