Very Loud Banging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About a month ago we had a Worcester Combination Boiler fitted (we used to have the old system with a cold tank and a hot tank and water pump with a back boiler fitted with the gas fire), anyhow, about two weeks later I heard very loud banging, as though someone was drilling out side but in here, I went upstairs and it was in the back rooms near the radiators, I thought it was air in the pipes so just switched the hot water on and it stopped, I turned off the hot water and it started again, I had to turn the central heating off.

I turned the heating back on the day after to see what it did and it gave me 10-15 minutes and started banging again so had to turn it off.

All the radiators were hot although the bathroom one was cold but we bled it and its fine now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sponsored Links
to avoid confusion shirl also said

"I cant seem to stay logged in to post the model of the boiler i have so im gonna try with a new topic...

My boiler is a Worcester 24i RSF

Thanks.

Shirl."

i am going to ask for her other post to be deleted

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back