Vintage Cooker Socket Wanted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I'm trying to find a vintage cooker socket, can anyone help please? Ideally it needs to be pre-war, but just post-war would be alright. Something like the type used in the early days which were metal clad with a centre switch with quite a long toggle. The switch sometimes had a shutter arangement with the words 'cooker' and 'water' thus switching between the immersion heater or the cooker. A 15amp socket was an extra sometimes for the kettle. They were, I believe, produced by MEM and CRABTREE mostly. A 15 watt pygmy lamp lit the large red jewel lens in the front.

If anyone can help please can you drop me a message.

Many thanks,

Peter.

Sponsored Links
Ebay, mate.....I bought some nice bakelite switches there ;)

Thanks for the suggestion Nige, but I haven't been able to find anything like this on ebay, I've been looking for quite some time. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Peter.

Sponsored Links
Why not just jump in the Tardis and go back to 1930 then try the local electrical wholesale outlet?? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back