Vinyl over floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a covered passageway at the side of the house, that at the moment has ceramic floor tiles. These are lethal when wet!
What I would like to do is to put either vinyl tiles or a vinyl flooring down on top of these tiles. I assume I would need to cover them with something or the shape of the tiles would eventually show through the vinyl. Any suggestions? - I thought of either hardboard or laminate flooring under lay (the firm stuff) stuck onto the tiles.

Sponsored Links
The only problems would be damp/moisture.You can get special paint which is also non-slip,see this

Just has another thought,have you heard Verdeturf artificial grasses which is waterproof,See this, they come in 4 difference thickness.I can't remember where I've bought mine from and they gave me 4 samples of Verdeturf.

Sponsored Links
Masona - I don't think the artificial grass will work :(

Our dog will think it's the lawn and start piddling on it!

What about this,non-slip matting? (100% waterproof)
ZO_981-J023-01.jpg

or this?
ZO_001-J028-09.jpg

Do you like my swimming pool ;)

masona said:
What about this,non-slip matting? (100% waterproof)
ZO_981-J023-01.jpg

or this?
ZO_001-J028-09.jpg

Do you like my swimming pool ;)
Is that in your summer house masona? If so, must be like the Tardis

the old texture and pattern coming thru to the new floor is called embossing, if you plan on staying there and having this floor last you should remove the ceramic tile first which is a nightmare usually. Other options (should you not remove the ceramic) would be Indoor Outdoor Carpet or Laminate Flooring such as Pergo. The are embossing levelers that Vinyl manufacturers make to overcome the tiling as a subfloor but if a tile pops loose your new vinyl floor is history

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back