virus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know what this virus is (W32/Threat-HLLSI-based!Maximus"virus) its came up on my computer about 15 times today!!! :mad: I've visited a couple of virus centres and tried googling it but no-one seems to know what it is. I would be grateful if someone could reply so i know what the little bugger is and what it does :mad: thankyou

Sponsored Links
Are you using any software for remote access to your PC? Things like LogMeIn or Remote Anywhere? If you are, this virus alert may simply be related to these type of applications attempting to access your PC.

Your anti-virus software should also give you more details of the virus such as what files it thinks are infected and where they are on your PC. It might give you a clue to what's going on.

I am using Log Me In. Would it help if I un-installed it or is it too late? I'm using Blueyonder as my Anti-Virus but it isn't picking up on this virus,has anyone got any suggestions as to how to delete it or a good Anti-virus package? Thankyou

Sponsored Links
This is not a virus. Seems that the anti virus vendors have flagged it as a virus by mistake and a re working to rectify it. There is no evidence that the file has been tampered with.

Do you have ISCalert installed ? ISCAlert is a desktop tray icon that alerts users when we change our infocon level or otherwise distribute important news

If you do, then ignore the anti virus warnings as they will be updated quite quickly when they auto update.

Neil

Back