vokera excell 80e - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all, i am no more than a novice when it comes to this so please go easy, sorry if theres too much info here but i just want to get it all listed to help with a diagnosis. I couldnt find an exact answer using the search facility.

i have a problem with this boiler, i woke up this morning to see the dreaded flashing red light telling me that the boiler had entered lockout.

i switched the boiler off and went to work and returned home tonight and repressurised the system to just over 1.5 (the system loses pressure like a lot of other people have mentioned on the forums), the pressure tends to be low but this has never been a problem before.

as the vokera manual states i have also moved the selector switch to the 2nd position (a little pilot light icon) for 10 seconds then moved it back on to the CH setting, i then turn on the CH, i can hear what appears to be a whistling noise (which may be a fan from what i have read here), then the usual clicking noise which usually comes before the gas ignites but this time it isnt lighting. i now also have some small leaks coming from inside the boiler which i havent had before and also a leak from what looks to be a big flat screw head to the left of the filling loop, the only other thing i have noticed in the last week or so is that the radiator in the lounge has developed a leak from the thermostat.

I have also tried using the reset button which i am assuming is the little red crosshair button which is behind a screw off cap, but i dont seem to be able to press it.

I must regret that since moving into this house 2 years ago i havent had the central heating serviced, so i am probably getting what i deserve.

Anyone in the Yorkshire area care for some work to help me through this one...it's cold !! :(

thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Would anyone be able to give me an idea of what the problem could be before i call out an engineer on monday. thanks

As far as I was aware all models of your boiler had a permanent pilot light but Chris evidently knows about some more recent electronic models.

The "square cross" lockout button you are pressing is probably the over heat stat which has not tripped.

The electronic flame failure indication is caused by lack of flame detection, either the spark is not igniting the gas or the gas is not turning on, these problems usually need a CORGI engineer to sort them out.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
SP's are Standing Pilot. E electronic.
Sorry no manual handy though.
Where's DP!

Oh dear, I have a vokera excell 80SP........

.............& it is a load of CR*P :!:

Am waiting for it to go to the great scrapyard in the sky so I can get a Baxi !!!

Then there is no need to answer your call.

Take the plunge, get rid of a fine boiler and instal a modern day plastic wonder

thanks for the advice guys, £190 later and a new solenoid and air bottle and a service and i was back in business..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back