Vokera Linea 24 'ERROR CODE 01'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For approx. the past year when the heating or hot water taps are turned on my boiler keeps turning off, giving a flashing red light and error code 01 (failure to ignite). The problem seems to be getting more frequent as the weather gets colder. Could it be a gas pressure problem or does it need a new ignition PCB? or do you have any other ideas?
Kevin

Sponsored Links
01 Error Code Flashes Red

I have been experiencing the exact same problem and was wondering if you ever got to the root of the prob. Vokera engineers haven't got a clue re issue and have blamed the water the show the air ventilation and the flue.

Failure to ignite can be caused by many different problems on this model.

A competent CORGI engineer should be able to easily identify the cause. One of the most common reasons that I encounter is a sticking gas valve but that is a more expensive part and there are several other possibilities to be investigated first.

A new gas valve has to be set up and adjusted on installation. It could even be as basic as the boiler is not adjusted correctly.

Tony Glazier

For approx. the past year when the heating or hot water taps are turned on my boiler keeps turning off, giving a flashing red light and error code 01 (failure to ignite). The problem seems to be getting more frequent as the weather gets colder. Could it be a gas pressure problem or does it need a new ignition PCB? or do you have any other ideas?
Kevin

I had the same problem with a brand new linea 7 from day 1 the vokera engineers changed every single componant in the boiler over a 2 year period with no improvement, the problem eventually was solved by adding an small 5ltr approx expansion tank into the cold water feed inlet before the boiler as the opening of a tap or shower or washing machine was taking the available water away from the boiler causing the boiler to trip this was fitted in feb this year and so far there has been no re-occurance of the problem

terry1722

Sponsored Links
Terry, had to read your post several times until it made sense. There is a good chance you have a dead leg in your plumbing system. The boiler itself is not defective but malfunctions because of the dead leg. Fitting an expansion vessel is acting as a damper to iron out fluctuations the dead leg is causing.

Above is my take of the problem. I am almost certain fitting an expansion vessel in OP's case will have nill results

last time i had this fault it was the ignition pcb on the gas valve
edit-just noticed the date of the op!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back