Vokera Maxin 24e Hot water problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My Vokera boiler has started playing up. Fo a month or so the hotwater stops working (Comes out cold), although if the heating is on then no problem it seems to work fine. As soon as the timer switches the heating off then the problem occurs again, just cold water boiler doesn't fire???

This does not happen all the time though, some days it works absolutly fine, other days if you turn the hot water on full (flow through the taps) then it runs stone cold, reduce the flow and the hot water starts to come through again.

Any ideas please and solutions or tests i can perforn to diagnose properly??

Vokera Maxin 24e

Approx 6 years old

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've had a very similar problem on a 'halstead' boiler.
The first bit of water was warmish when heating on, because it was static in the heat exchanger,
Without the heating on it was cold and boiler would not light.
The fault was a perished 'diaphragm' in the 'switch assembly housing'.
This 'diaphragm' when in good order pushes on the diverter valve and this diverts the water through a heat exchanger instead of the radiators.
When the diverter valve moves across, it also triggers a micro switch to light the boiler.
A replacement 'diaphragm' has cured it. So I guess you have same type of problem.

Thanks for that.

I was thinking the same and its the cheapest option as parts go so worth a try.

Best go shopping then.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back