WALL CABINET FIXINGS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone suggest what type of screws, rawlplugs and drill bit size to use for securing kitchen wall cabinets please

I have Ikea cabinets that come with terrible instructions. Basically, I have the corner brackets that fit inside of the unit with the big hole for drilling through to wall, then an 'adjustment screw' and a clip to go between the screw and the cack of the unit. However, this adjustment screw is short in length and has a flat bottom and surely isn't intended to secure the cabinet.

Doesn't make any sense to me, thus I would like to install as though nothing was provided to fix with, Please help

Sponsored Links
The wall is solid internal breeze block? (big grey blocks?) And on top of that is like a solid cement (one inch) as opposed to plasterboard, sorry but don't know jargon, Thanks

I would use 2" no 10, suitable drill & plug, if it had 1 fixing screw each side of cab, or if 2 fixings each end 1.5 no 8 ..Hope that helps

Sponsored Links
Just put some up for a client, used 5.0x60 (2 1/2" no 10) into old victorian brickwork, tight fit into red plugs with a 6.0mm hole.

1 1/2" are a bit short, you loose 1/4" to bracket and cabinet back, maybe 1/2"-1" to plaster/render which only gives avg 1/2" into wall, and if your walls are out of plumb you will possibly need to pack the carcase off the wall. Use 2" min screws.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back