wallpaper over Paint over plaster !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's one for you all. I've just stripped off wallpaper from a bedroom, and underneath is a diluted emulsion straight over the plaster, which is correct. However on taking the wallpaper off there are probably a 200 plus small patches where the paints come off with the wallpaper.

The paint is so thin, I'm wondering if i emulsion the walls in a "Once" type of paint will this hide the blemishes as they are so thin, less than the thickness of a piece of paper, or will they still show, or is there something else like a self leveling paint for horizonal walls :confused:

I know i can backing paper it but it seems a bit of over kill for the depth of a paint flake, and to sand them all level will take forever. So suggestions please

Sponsored Links
I've just had to do this with 2000+ pin holes & that was after filling about 200+ patches !!!
Anyway I think you could get on quite quickly using Polycell smooth over or Gyproc (I used joint filler) as all the wall treatments/flexiable ceiling paint etc didn't work with filling bits in.
Use a decent wide blade to apply & it falls off with a light sand unlike normal pre mixed pollcell fine filler.

Hope this helps,

Co.

PS I got a really good final finish apart from some bubbling paint but thats another post :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back