wallpapering jointing 2 walls at right angles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brace wall in my living room which I want to paper with a red paper and the window wall at a right angle to the brace wall which I want to paper with a white/cream paper.

The question is what's the best way to hang the paper on these 2 walls so that the joint is nice and tight with no gaps. Would overlapping one of the papers around the wall and then overlapping it with the other paper be an idea or does anyone have a better neater solution??

Sponsored Links
Cut one into the corner..leaving about 2mm to go around onto the other wall and then cut the other one tight into the corner

Whats a Brace wall?

I've always known the brace wall to be the wall that the chimney brace is located on, ie. the wall with the fireplace and the chimney.

Ah right...didnt spot you was from the Emerald isle..never heard that before.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if im allowed to say it on here....

Breast ..... :eek:

Does anyone know how to deal with wallpapering around an internal corner were the wall is off the square. If I match the new piece with the last piece put on so that there's no gap between the pieces then as the paper goes round the off square wall it will be off the square round the corner.
This will mean that any new pieces jointed to this piece will also be off the square and this could increase with each piece added to the wall.

How can I stop this??

That must have been as difficult to explain as it is to reply to..but i'll have a go for you...

You must start the new wall with a straight piece..if the corner is out you cant do too much about it unfortunatly.

Are you talking a patterned paper here?..big pattern? small? etc?

If the pattern repeats itself down the centre of the paper then you can cut the paper in half and use that pattern to match up to the existing one in the corner..

Imagine a strip of paper with half circles down both edges that match horizontally when you hold the paper up...now imagine theres a full, indenticle circle running down the middle of the paper...

If the last piece of paper you put into the corner made up a part of a circle..you could cut the paper in half and find where it matched.

Hope that helped you sanne..otherwise sorry, its difficult to explain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back