wallpapering onto plasterboard ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am erecting a studded wall in a larger room to create a smaller additional room. Is it possible to wallpaper onto the plaster board, or does it have to be plastered first ? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I would recommend applying an oil based primer prior to sizing with thin coat of paste. Its impossible to remove wallpaper at a later date without destroying the plasterboard if thisd process is skipped.

I would go for an oil based primer sealer too...there are special plasterboard primers out there but personally I dont rate em..

But I disagree about the sizing though...if you use an oil based primer then the surface will be sealed anyway

I would seal twice...line with 800 grade lining paper..then paper over...the lining paper will virtually guarentee you the best surface to paper over..putting a finish paper over an oil based primer could result in joint and seam problems

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back