Was replacing our loo seat, ended up in A&E !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
mild concusion and a couple of stiches............

took old seat off, opened cupboard over bath and got cleaner spray, cleaned up loo where hinges had been, measured holes, sat down next to bath and adjusted new seat to fit the holes, stood up BANG! straight into the bottom edge of the cupboard door.........wife drove me to a&e with me clutching towel to my head.

Seat is ok now though!

Pete

Sponsored Links
Same with a sheet steel safe door. :oops: Its like a safe inside the top of a larger safe. The outer safe is the strength, cast iron/steel, the inner safe is time delayed but not as strong, so just sheet steel. I was counting change in the outer safe, had my head in there. Someone shouted me and i jerked my head up - WACK, I had left the timed safe open above my head. :evil: Hurt like f*** but i was ok.

Also did the same at another shop on some cellar steps, at the bottom was a fire door with an auto closer, some 3 feet in front of the bottom step, but only 6 foot 2 clearance. im 6 foot tall. Someone had piled boxes up at the bottom of the stairs which nessecitated me striding sideways from the 2nd step toward the door. I did this and wack! i hit my head on the frame bracket of the autocloser, the pointy bit. :evil:

I was always hitting my head in that cellar, ceilings at 6 foot 3, with fluorescent lights, and beams running across at 5 foot 6 lol. H&S would have a field day in that shop. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
A friend of mine had a plastic toilet seat with a crack in it and every time you sat on it it pinched your bum cheek - very painful, usually just as you started rising.

Everyone had a go at him for being so tight. One week-end he decided to sort it - with superglue ! !

He prised apart the crack in the seat and applied (liberally) glue to both sides then pushed together the sides and held the seat firmly for a full 2 minutes to make sure he got a snug fit.

And yep you got it . . . his hands stuck to the seat.

An hour later his wife came home to find him red faced kneeling on the bathroom floor. She had to unscrew the seat and wrap his hands and the seat in a towel (to save her embarrassment) and take him to A&E, they were busy and his was not a priority case so he had to endure 2 hours of ribbing from waiting room patients - who probably felt a lot better for seeing his predicament.

Eventually nursing staff got to him - and once they stopped laughing removed the seat. As he was driven home sore fingered and red faced he had time to reflect on his tight minded ways and soon thereafter he replaced the whole bathroom suite (not himself thank god!)

Silly boy . . . . his name is (no I couldn't)

markie said:
What makes me giggle is when something like that happens your first words are swear words :LOL:

speak for yourself mate I usually say " oh golly gosh " or at worse " dam and blast " ;)

bernardgreen said:
At least it was his hands stuck to and not the bum cheeks.
:LOL: that would have been funny to watch in A/E. The man toddles in with the seat stuck to his bum!

I had a friend who worked in A&E. He said he saw a doctor fall out of a cubicle in hysterics. He looked in and saw a man, not with a seat stuck to his bum, but a with a chair leg in it! He said what made it hysterical was the paramedic holding the chair with the guy face down on the bed :eek:

DBAman, I have tears in my eyes from laughing! That is hilarious!

Once read an incident report where the casualty sat on the toliet seat as he was putting it down and squashed his knackers between the seat and the rim of the bowl....

Ron Gamma said:
Once read an incident report where the casualty sat on the toliet seat as he was putting it down and squashed his knackers between the seat and the rim of the bowl....

Sounds painful! lol poor guy :cry:.

This reminds me of a few months ago I was bending down picking up some things under a metal circular staircase when I stood up and tw*ted my head. Builder chap on site laughed and told me how he had done the exact same thing a few days before. 10mins later he was bent down and up he got.... bang!! I pi*sed myself, funny tho how he didnt find it so amusing that time!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back