Washing M/C Drainage


30 Oct 2003
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Does anyone know where I can beg, scrounge or borrow a \\\"flexible endoscope\\\" on the cheap. I have a property abroad with drainage tube for a washing machine. This will take a normal water flow but not the surge when the m/c empties. I\\\'ve tried all known mechanical & chemical unblockers to no avail. I think there may be something lodged in the pipe just around the bend. Unfortunately unlike UK properties the pipe (& U bend) is in the wall & doesn\\\'t re-appear the other side into a drain. It travels down through the wall never to be seen again. My one hope is a flexible edoscope to identify & hopefully resolve the problem. My last resort is to start knocking the wall down to get at the piping, but the problem may be some distance away. Can anyone help?????
Sponsored Links
the short answer is no

sorry personally never heard of a camera small enuff for waste pipes
An flexible edoscope is used by doctors to examine the internal passages of the human body and would therefore be plenty small enough
Sponsored Links
Don't know if you can hire one of these

Can you not also put in a garden hose with maybe a flat copper pipe on the end to get more water pressure at the bend?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local