Washing m/c progs won`t run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, was wondering if someone could help...
Problem with machine seems to be whatever programme is selected-full wash, rinse, fast/slow spin, cycle will only run for a few seconds but won`t "advance" to next stage of cycle.
As the machine will fill/empty and drum will spin I`m assuming (rightly or wrongly!!) that it may be the programmer/timer that`s at fault. The unit seems to be making the usual "whirring/clicking noises" but dial doesn`t turn round.
If it is the programmer/timer is it fairly easy to replace (I do have some experience of pcb/electrical assembly but not on washing m/c`s)

Machine is a Hoover AC1100 about 5 yrs old

Thanks in advance
Phildigger

Sponsored Links
programmers are often thought to be the cause of the problem, when they are not. They only advance to the next stage when the previous stage is finished.

"heat pause" is the most common, it will fill, move a bit then sit there for ever and a day, reason is its waiting for the water to get hot, but if the heater element has failed it will sit there and sit there untill the water gets hot, which of course it never will.

It knows when to move on by a variety of sensors, ie stat, pressure switch, it could be one of these is the reason yours isnt working.

but as i used to work for hp, i know nothing of your m/c, all m/c's have little quirks.

wait and see what fido says (i get the impression he is an independant engineer)

Cheers breezer,read somewhere else that it may be something else eg heater element but the only thing that makes me wonder is that even if I select say "fast spin" programme which only spins the drum (or so the mrs tells me) which I assume doesn`t make use of the heater element,the same problem still occurs.

Pull timer knob off and check for evidence of spilt tea coffee etc.This can cause timer to stick during wash

Sponsored Links
Had the timer knob off at weekend - no joy though :cry:

Spoke to an engineer today who after quite a lengthy discussion said it may well be the programmer (but couldn`t say for sure as he didn`t see the machine).
As he pointed out though, as the machine is bout 5 yrs old even if I had it repaired (cost would be over 100 quid) how much longer are say the motor or main bearings going to last?-knowing my luck not very.

So decided to cut my losses and look at buying a new machine-cheers anyhow guys

post locked to prevent hi jacking (again)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back