1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Washing machine hose stuck on P-trap

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by alex79, 19 Oct 2018.

1. alex79

alex79

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,

Picture attached. Is there any trick to removing the hose from the old P-trap connection? My triceps don't seem to be strong enough.

I had another thread about a reversed P-trap and washing machine. I bought a new P-trap and connected it to the drain. I had to do this because the old P-trap was missing a washer. The two P-traps are incompatible (the old one is ABS the new is PP among other things) so I can't just connect pic related to the new trap.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Bosswhite

Bosswhite

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Loosen off the Jubilee clip the screw is in the centre , then you should be able to pull apart refit it to new unit and screw up the jubilee clip

4. alex79

alex79

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Sorry I forgot to say I've already loosened the clip. No amount of pulling and screwing is budging it.

5. just pumps

just pumps

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The White male part has ridges to help the hose grip but in your case it is a hinderence, try twisting and pulling the plastic part at the same time or you could slide a tiny screwdriver up the hose and try and ease the hose off, probably been there a while so doesn`t want to move now.
    If you have enough free play try soaking the whole lot in boiling water for awhile.

6. rochdalegas

rochdalegas

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Might have been glued in the past have three weetabix

7. alex79

alex79

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    This did it. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links