washing Machine sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a new washing machine on the internet. I'm confused by ths sizes given as the same machine is listed on different sites with different sizes

The space I have is quite shallow, so I dont want to get the wrong size machine

I'm using the internet because I'm disabled and getting out to and arounf show rooms is quite hard

Anyone know why there might be different sizes listed on different sites?

Sponsored Links
I think there are european standards on size,
how much is the variation?
is one company mesuring to front of knobs & all rear projections?

I always look on the manufacturers website once I've found what I want to buy. You can usually even download the instruction booklet so you can see official dimensions and features.

If its any help I found that Indesit seem to be quite shallow machines (front to back) compared to others.......

Sponsored Links
They are almost all sized to fit in a 60cm x 60 cm space under a kitchen worktop 85cm high. There are some unusually big large-capacity ones, e.g. 69x95x78 that you would need to put in a laundry room.

There are a few that are less deep and will fit under a 50cm drainer.

Sometimes the measurement will vary depending on whether you allow fot the pipes and cables that stick out of the back, but even with these, they generally fit 60 x 60 (this is 2 ft square)

p.s.. ub7rm is right! I looked up some Indesits on the "Which" site and they are 55cm deep while the Bosch was 59 cm. This is nearly 2 inches less. However none of the Indesits was a Best Buy.

If you can get to the library and consult the "Which" report it will give sizes as well as test results.

please see forum rule 20

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back