Washing Machine STUCK on cycle!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Indesit W133 has just developed a problem. The machine gets stuck on the wash cycle. There are no lights flashing error codes no strange noises in fact nothing unusual except it continues to wash. It will spin/rinse and drain as normal if the dial is moved forward manually past the wash section.
Is it the timer switch?
How can I check?

Sponsored Links
Heater open circuit would give this symptom. On selection of wash programme the programmer will run through its sequence fill drum. gently spin. but then will wait for the water to heat to correct wash programme temperature if the heater is open the machine will just stop and wait at this point. A continuity check is required to check your heater best disconnect one spade connector before measuring should be quite a low ohmic reading.

Thank you tockworth for your reply.

In your reply you mention that the machine would wait until the water reached the correct temp. I just want to make clear that the machine was already washing the clothes and continued to do so, it would just keep washing until manually moved on.
Hope this makes the situation clearer

Just before i read your reply the machine changed its tactics.
After washing for about ten minutes it drained itself and then the dial just continued to click around.The only light on the front panel flashed around 7 times but I can't find any info on that code.

When reset and moved on the machine behaved normally.

ANY help would be VERY much appreciated.

yagbar.

That is unusual, the symptom changing. I am not familiar with this particular make/model but still cannot discount the heater. To check it put the machine on a very hot wash set it away and if the machine washes for 10 mins or so, feel the temperature of the door bowl it should feel quite hot.If not the heater is definately not working. Failing that Im afraid without being there as ned flanders would say its a bit of an old noodle scratcher

Sponsored Links
Thank you once again tockworth for trying to help.
I was unable to determine exactly what the problem was so had to call in a repair man.
The result is - the board is knackered. He says it would cost about £130 to replace so we will just have to bite the bullet and go for a new one.
According to the repairman and some of the reviews i have read i think it will be a Bosh this time.

Yeh that would be about right for controlboard/timer. I think thats probably a wise decision to buy new. thanks for the follow up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back