Waste pipe runs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a shower tray. The waste will run into the waste pipe from the sink, but the central heating pipes run across where I need to run the waste pipe from the shower tray. Do I need to reroute the central heating pipes under the waste pipe, or can I put a shallow 'u' type trap in the waste pipe run to go under the central heating pipes. Also, the shower tray waste run is 5 feet to the sink waste pipe. What is the minimum drop I can get away with when running the shower tray waste pipe, as I want to avoid building a plinth if possible.

Sponsored Links
A few issues there if the installtion was deemed to be correct. Theres a lot of diy installations that r not classed as correct but they work in a fashion. You can dip under the heating pipes creating a trap as long as u have acess to clean it & there isnt a trap on the shower tray, two traps will cause a problem. Idealy u need a minimum of 30mm fall on that run but the bigger problem is u should be only connecting into a 50mm pipe or taking it outside independantley.If the sink u refer to is a basin it will have a 32mm waste & the shower will have a 40mm waste. when connecting 2 or more wastes together u should up size to 50mm . when the basin/sink is run it will cause induced syphonage to remove the shower waste water allowing smells to enter the room.

too overcome the problem of syphonage you could fit a basin and shower trap that have aav's connected to them

Sponsored Links
steve1209 said:
too overcome the problem of syphonage you could fit a basin and shower trap that have aav's connected to them
or Hep2O waste valves ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back